Thursday, October 18, 2012

James Dashner: Author of the Future?

 I recently had the opportunity to attend an author panel celebrating the release of a new middle grade series called The Infinity Ring.


James Dashner and I
 
I'm currently reading the first book in the series, Mutiny in Time, with my son and loving every minute of it.  The story follows these kids who have to travel in time to fix the "breaks" that have altered history.  There are going to be 6 books in all, the first written by James Dashner (author of The Maze Runner, The Kill Order, etc.).  This book series is one of the future - meaning that the book also has a companion website (http://www.infinityring.com/) with games and activities for kids to follow the characters in the story.  It's a whole multimedia experience. I love this idea!

Since this idea fits perfectly in with our society today, I'm wondering what everyone thinks.  Will the digital world eventually take over the paper one?.  I know I love to sit down with a hardback book and thumb my fingers on its beveled edges, but I also like listening to audio books, and reading electronic books too. What do you think? Do you think printer and paper will eventually die out and be replaced by everything digital?





1 comment:

  1. Great idea for a books series. It'll make reading so much fun for kids and adults alike.
    In answer to your question, I sure hope that paper books won't go out of style. The thing is I don't think that paper will go away. I think there are enough people out there who will continue to support paper. I definitely will support them. Great post!

    ReplyDelete